Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A new pet.

Do you want a hamster? I didn't at first, but my girlfriend insisted that we needed a pet.

I had hoping for a dragon or at least a Labrador, but our lease agreement would not allow such a creature in our residence. But a hamster, that was allowed. It was also a very cheap choice. We were getting a cage for free from an acquaintance of my girlfriends, so the only thing it would cost was the hamster and a few tablespoons of seeds a day.

I agreed to the creature and we are now awaiting the cage, and will follow it with a quick trip to the pet store. A hamster costs about $10 and if we would have gotten its cage it would have been an additional $30. This a cheap pet, and I am finally getting excited about it. The cage should be here any day now...

No comments: